Interested in working in Canada?
For Businesses and Startups
For people wanting to work abroad
QUICK FACTS (from http://www.heritage.org/index/country/canada)
- 35.5 million
- $1.6 trillion
- 2.5% growth
- 2.6% 5-year compound annual growth
- $44,843 per capita
- $53.9 billion
Canada’s economic fundamentals remain strong, well supported by solid protection of property rights and an independent judiciary that enforces the rule of law effectively. The country’s commitment to open-market policies that facilitate global trade and investment flows has been strong, and the economy has demonstrated admirable resilience in the face of recent years’ international and domestic challenges.
Economic Freedom Snapshot
- 2016 Economic Freedom Score: 78.0 (down 1.1 points)
- Economic Freedom Status: Mostly Free
- Global Ranking: 6th
- Regional Ranking: 1st in North America
- Notable Successes: Rule of Law, Open Markets, and Regulatory Efficiency
- Concerns: Control of Government Spending
- Overall Score Change since 2012: –1.9
While many large advanced economies have been struggling with the heavy burden of government and fiscal constraints that result from years of unrestrained public spending, Canada’s management of public finance has been comparatively prudent, with continued attention to controlling the size and scope of government.
Link to Government page with links to Immigration