Working in Myanmar
Voice of America from 10/15/2020 has an article detailing some new figures on infection spread in Myanmar.
"Most COVID-19 cases are now being found in greater Yangon, Myanmar's most populous region, with more than 8 million residents, and also its most densely packed." One source of information referenced by the article is the International NGO Forum of Myanmar.
Job Boards in Myanmar
Links Updated 10/18/2020
- Internet penetration in Myanmar stood at 41% in January 2020
- Social media penetration in Myanmar stood at 41% in January 2020
- There were 68.24 million mobile connections in Myanmar in January 2020
- One link to a fibre provider/mobile provider in Yangon - ooredoo
- Another fibre provider/mobile provider in Yangon - 5BB Broadband
- Mobile providers in Myanmar - article on SIM providers
Trade Agreements and Chambers of Commerce
43% of the population has access to the national electricity grid, while road density remains low at 219.8 kilometers per 1,000 square kilometers of land area.
However, with the recent liberalization of the telecommunications sector, mobile and internet penetration has increased significantly from less than 20% and 10% in 2014, to 126% and 41% respectively in 2020. Myanmar is one of the world’s most disaster-prone countries exposed to multiple hazards, including floods, cyclones, earthquakes, landslides, and droughts, ranking 2nd out of 187 countries in the 2016 Global Climate Risk Index and 9th out of 191 countries in the INFORM Index for Risk Management.