Incident Drill Review
Questions and Topics to confirm Results
Surveys to be sent to all participants (Rating from 1-5)
- Cloud Operations/Remote Hands
Response of the Help Desk (Rank 1-5)
- When was the ticket opened
- How many times did the End User call to open a ticket
- Who answered the first call, and was a ticket raised?
- Attendance on the conference bridge and customer chat room was timely
- Escalation to the higher level engineering was timely
Response of the Engineering teams (Rank 1-5)
- The Engineering teams were on the bridge in a timely manner
- They explained what they were doing clearly and updated on actions
- They were available on the bridge when required and easy to communicate with
- The Helpdesk/Incident Manager managed the bridge and updated the incident chatroom feed in a timely manner
- The Service Manager was available for approvals and communicated their requests clearly
Response of the Incident Manager (1-5)
- The Incident Manager was escalated to because it was a Severity 1 or Severity 2 and he was on the conference bridge in a timely manner
- The Incident Manager directed the efforts of the engineers in a clear and understandable way
- The Incident Manager answered questions and communicated updates as required
- The Incident Manager was able to get all necessary resources to work on the incident case
Response of the Service Manager (1-5)
- Was the Service Manager able to be communicated with after a ticket had been raised?
- Was the Service Manager able to escalate to the right people and teams within the company?
- Did the Service Manager update on the status of the ticket regularly and clearly?
- Was the Service Manager visible during the incident and available for escalations?
- Was the Service Manager able to support the other teams effectively by managing the internal and external communications during the incident?
Response of the Remote Hands/Cloud Teams (1-5)
- Did the Cloud Operations team (CO) respond to communications in a timely manner?
- Did the CO team execute requested actions and update on requests in a timely manner?
- During the duration of the incident, was the CO team able to support all requests or was there any problem in process that impacted resolution?
- Were the remote hands engineers able to be communicated with easily and in a timely manner?
- Were the remote hands engineers able to execute and update on tasks in a timely manner?
Please advise on any other issues regarding the drill
- Was the incident escalated in a clear manner, either to management or functionally?
- Were the details of the incident impact and severity communicated clearly?
- Were questions raised and answered in a professional manner?
- Was the bridge managed in an efficient way, with next steps identified and assigned to the correct teams on the bridge?
- Were there any issues with communicating during the incident?
Please send any feedback on the incident drill to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can incorporate into an improvement plan and further discussions both internally and with the customer. You can also call me at +81-50-3131-8611 option 3 to discuss any parts of the drill or suggestions to improve it.