English is the key language for this position.
10 - 13M total package.
Algo Dev Role
As a Software Developer you will be working as a member of the Trading Algorithms Development team which designs and develops components of the Platform as well as trading algorithms for use in the Japan financial markets.
You will be involved with developing components and providing technical consultancy to customers. The role will include close liaison with our support team and members of our global development teams and provides the opportunity for regular communication in English, (Japanese is a plus).
- Development and testing of components including those of the Platform.
- Working closely with the project team and manager to deliver these components on time. Development, testing and maintenance of trading algorithms.
- Writing high-level and detailed technical design documents.
- Ensuring the production of quality deliverables using quality assurance methods including peer reviews and unit testing.
- Working both independently and in close collaboration with others in the team.
- Providing consultancy to customer algorithm developers and traders, including presentations and meetings with customers.
- Applying technical expertise to investigate and resolve customer software issues, including critical production system problems.
- Providing technical product guidance and assistance to other teams such as support and consultancy services.
Extensive experience of full software development lifecycle.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Experience of development using JAVA and C++ (knowledge of scripting languages would be an advantage).
Experience of development for UNIX/Linux.
Ability to learn and understand new and complex systems quickly.
Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
Professional proficiency in English
/ Japanese a plus
Previous experience in financial systems would be an advantage.